There is NO FEE to enter the Young Artists Showcase locally or at the international level. Authors are encouraged to draw inspiration from their experiences with sister cities, travel, exchange, international friendships, and their own goals to present their vision of where the future will lead.
Why are face-to-face interactions and travel still important despite access to instantaneous virtual connection via social media? How are sister cities
and citizen diplomacy essential to creating a peaceful future?
- One Entry is allowed per student.
- Essays are not to exceed 500 words, poetry is not to exceed 25
- Entries must be submitted in English
- The Selection Committee will evaluate entries based on theme interpretation, composition, and grammar.
- All work must be original and based off of this years theme.
- All entries must conform to Sister Cities International’s policy on plagiarism found at sistercities.org/YAAS
- Entry Deadline April 1, 2017